Benefit They're Real Mascara VS W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara

Hi Everyone!

I have heard so much about the W7 Absolute Lashes being a dupe for the Benefit They're Real Mascara, so today I'm putting them up against each other. While there are a lot of similarities, I don't really think it is in fact a dupe. I found the They're Real mascara to be far superior. Here's why...


Below is a picture of my lashes before any mascara had been applied and it's very obvious that both mascaras did a great job. But if you look closely you will definitely notice a difference (don't look too close my eyebrows are shocking)



The wands themselves while they are quite similar are still different. I found the bristle on the They're Real mascara to be much longer and not as sturdy, which worked well when applying the mascara because the bristle moved with the lashes!


You can definitely see a difference in the two in the pictures above. I found the Benefit formula really separated the lashes well and gave it great volume after only one coat, where as I found the W7 formula to be a little drying and I really had to work to get it to separate lashes and get any volume.

The staying power of both of these are pretty much the same, I did however find the W7 formula to flake after a while and leave a bit of fallout under the eye. They're both as difficult to remove as each other too, I found an oil cleanser like the Lancome Eye cleanser the best for removing them.

Over all I don't think Absolute Lashes are a dupe for the They're Real mascara and even though I probably sound quite negative towards the Absolute Lashes, I do actually like the mascara. It's a great budget mascara and something that I use on a regular basis. It's great for day time. I do feel that the They're Real, while it is expensive is worth it. It's a fantastic mascara that gives a fabulous dramatic effect and requires very little effort on your behalf.

Which would I recommend ? It depends on your budget, if you're not worried about money then I would go for the Benefit mascara but if your budget doesn't go that far the W7 is a great alternative, not a dupe but a good alternative!

Have you tried either of these ? What did you think ?

Erin X
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I love They're Real, one of my favourite mascaras! I've heard about the W7 mascara being a dupe before, but if there is one thing I can't stand it's flakes of mascara on my face so I'll be avoiding the W7 for now :) x

    ReplyDelete

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig