Manicure Monday

Hello my lovelies,

Happy Monday! Today I'm back with another SO SU nail polish, this time it's 'Rock Candy'. As you can see from the photo, this colour is a beautiful light pink. I really like this colour and think that it'd look great with a tan. Again, I like the packaging and the brush but unfortunately that's where the good things ended for me...


I really don't like the formula! You definitely need at least two coats, otherwise it will dry, streaky and patchy. The polish didn't sit right on my nails and even after two coats still came out a little streaky. These polishes are branded as gel polishes, they're definitely not gel ! I'm glad that this colour was sent to me because if I had paid the full €7.99, I would be very disappointed. 

And I am disappointed! I wanted nothing more to come on here this morning, to tell you that this is a beautiful polish that you NEED in your life, unfortunately I can't. I have never lied on this blog and I don't intend on starting now. I'm so disappointed because I've been hearing lots of talk around the blogosphere recently kind of bashing the SO SU  polishes. I am a big fan of Suzanne Jackson and she is such an amazing role model for the rest of us Irish bloggers, I want nothing more than to support her. 

Last week I reviewed the shade 'Bright Lights' HERE and I loved it and thought that perhaps there was just a slight touch of bitchiness and jealousy in the blogging community and that's why other people were coming down so hard on the polishes. Unfortunately now I see why they came down so hard on them and I do agree with them. I wouldn't purchase this polish and will be very skeptical in trying any other non sparkly shades. 

I'm sorry that this post was negative, but there's no point in lying! Have you tried the SO SU nail polishes ? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them!

Erin X
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

13 comments:

  1. Aww the colour is beautiful, I really wish the polish was of higher standard though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour itself is truly stunning, just wish the formula was better!

      Delete
  2. Fair play on your honesty. Like you I've read unfortunately only bad things about the polishes.
    The colours are amazing and while I've been tempted to try I think I will still to the reliables ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I have one more that was sent to me that I'll be trying but after that I won't be using them again! :(

      Delete
  3. Same experience as yourself unfortunately, the colours are stunning but I bought three of them and they are among some of the worst I've ever tried. Gutted because they're not cheap but they just did not live up to hype at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that ! I'm always skeptical of hype but was truly disappointed with these polishes!

      Delete
  4. Yeah I felt the same. I think it's important to be honest- I support any Irish blogger in their ventures but the product still has to live up to its marketing, which these unfortunately didn't. I'm hoping that the formula will be improved thanks to honest reviews like this! Have to say I haven't noticed any bitching or jealousy about it amongst bloggers thankfully! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I am all for supporting Irish business women! I haven't really, just a few digs here and there at events etc nothing major thankfully :)

      Delete
  5. I was thinking about trying these, but i've read many similar reviews so I won't be buying them probably
    emma xo | missemmalouise12.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really like the shade 'Bright Lights' so it's a 50/50 chance really! x

      Delete
  6. I wasn't mad about it either 😟

    ReplyDelete

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig