Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation Review

This has pretty much been the only foundation I've worn all month since filming THIS video. So I feel like enough time has passed and I have a tried it enough times to give a full review on the Catrice HD Liquid Coverage foundation. I picked mine up for €7.90 in my local pharmacy, O' Mearas Pharmacy.


Catrice claim that this foundation will give you a HD effect, give a mattifying finish and act like second skin effect. For once I actually agree with the claims a brand makes. This foundation photographs really well and comes across great on camera when I'm filming, it definitely has a mattifying finish and depending on how much you build it up, it can act like a second skin effect.

The consistency of the foundation is very thin and runny. You don't need a lot of product to cover your face and even when building up the coverage, I really don't need a lot. It feels quite light on the skin which is great because most fuller coverage foundations can feel very suffocating on the skin. It also doesn't break me out which is just brilliant.

In terms of coverage, I'd say it's a medium coverage foundation but definitely build-able and you can achieve quite high coverage without applying a ton of layers. I think if you're looking for a more natural looking base, apply one layer with a damp beauty blender. If you're looking for a more full coverage look, then apply two layers with a brush. It is a very long lasting foundation, it claims to give 24 hours worth of coverage, I haven't tested that myself, but it certainly does a great job up until the 9 - 12 hour mark.

Who does it suit? I think it's aimed at people who have oily to normal skin. I have a very oily T Zone but the outer parts of my face are quite dry/dehydrated. I don't find the foundation clings to any dry patches I have and I do feel like it keeps my oils at bay for quite a considerable amount of time on my T Zone. If you have VERY dry skin maybe give this one a pass but for anyone else, I'd definitely say try it!

A few things I don't like about it, I have to wear a silicone based primer otherwise I find the foundation sits into my pores. I use the NYX shine killer and Pore Filler. The foundation shade range is very small. There's only four different shades and the lightest one, 010 'Lightest beige' is still far too dark for my pale Irish skin. Hopefully they'll bring out more shades.The foundation has a dropper rather than a pump. I can't say I can see why, I think all foundations should have a pump. For me because the shade is too dark and I have to mix it with lightening drops, the dropper actually does suit me, but I'd still prefer a pump.

Overall I really really like this foundation. It lived up to the hype which is a hard thing to do in the beauty world. I'd love to know what you think and if you've tried it, or have you tried out any of the other Catrice foundations? Let me know in the comments! 

Erin X



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments:

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig