The Foundation Files #2 | Elf Flawless Finish Foundation Review

I started a new series over on Instagram called the Foundation Files! Each week I take a foundation and review it, some are new to me, some I've had in my collection for a while! This week I reviewed the Elf Flawless Finish foundation. I try to make my reviews, relatively quick and straight to the point while still giving you as much information about the product as possible! Let's get started...



It claims to : be lightweight, oil-free, have a semi-matte finish, to last all day long and to restore uneven skin textures and tones for visibly brighter skin. 

Packaging : The foundation is in a frosted glass bottle with a pump! It's quite sturdy and sleek.

How does it apply : I apply it with a brush first to get the best coverage possible, then go over it with a beauty blender. I think it would be too chalky on my skin ti not go over it with a beauty blender.

Coverage : I've seen a lot of reviews online saying it's a medium coverage foundation that you can build to be full coverage. I definitely disagree, after three layers I still can't get it to be full coverage. However it does give nice coverage and for me it's the perfect amount of coverage for everyday wear, but if I was going on a night out, I wouldn't reach for it!

Long lasting : This claim I can get on board with, it certainly does wear very well throughout the day!

Who does it suit : I have dehydrated skin with some dry patches and I found it suited me perfectly.

Shade Range: The shade range is impressive at 40 different shades however there are only 5 shades available on Superdrug and only 9 available on boots, which is a shame!

Value for money : The foundation comes in at €9 which I think is a good price for what you get. The packaging is sturdy, you get 30ml of product and it's a decent formula!

Positives : It's affordable, easily available throughout the country, long lasting and gives decent coverage.

Negatives : It claims to be lightweight and while it's not a heavy foundation by any means, it can feel kind of chalky and I can definitely feel it on my skin!


Overall : I think the foundation is nice but I don't reach for it too often, probably wouldn't travel with it and ultimately don't think I'd repurchase it!



Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?

Erin X


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig