Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Foundation Review

After getting on so well with the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define concealer, I was so excited when they released the foundation version!  




It claims to : offer lightweight yet buildable coverage, be oil-free, have a creamy formula that gives a demi-matte finish,  creates an even, airbrushed complexion. 

Packaging : The foundation is in a glass bottle with a doe foot applicator! It's essentially modeled like a giant concealer tub. It's quirky and different and I don't mind it, although it wouldn't be the most hygienic. As you know, pumps are my favorite! 

How does it apply : It applies really evenly with either a brush or beauty sponge. I didn't have any issues with other cream or powder products going onto of the foundation.

Coverage : It is definitely a full coverage foundation. While it claims to be leightweight, I would have to disagree. It's not super heavy but you can definitely feel it on your skin, it almost feels chalky. 

Long lasting : I found it to be very long lasting, it didn't seperate at all, although a few times I noticed it sort of balled up. This I think is more down to my skin type than the foundation itself. I noticed when blending it out that the shade got paler (which I find bizzare as most foundations that change shade would oxidise and get darker. I've never come across a foundation that actually gets paler. As a result making the foundation too light for my complexion. 

Who does it suit : I have dehydrated skin with some dry patches and I found it was actually quite horrible on me. I definitely wouldn't purchase it if you have dry or dehydrated skin. If you have oily skin though, it would be worth testing it out.

Shade Range: The shade range is fantastic with 50 different shades available on beauty bay and Superdrug.

Value for money : The foundation comes in at just over €12. The packaging is sturdy, you get 30ml of product and it's a decent formula if it suits your skin type!

Positives : It's affordable, easily available throughout the country, long lasting and gives great coverage. It's also vegan, cruelty free and paraben free. 

Negatives : The shade got paler when I blended it out, I noticed it clings to dry patches and feels chalky on the skin.

Overall : I have had in interesting journey with this foundation, as my skin concerns have changed since buying it! Initially my skin was quite oily around my t-zone, now however it's extremely dry and dehydrated. When my skin was on the oily side, I really enjoyed using the foundation either with a brush or beauty sponge. Now that my skin is dry however it looks awful on the skin. I'm only using it now to use it up and I definitely won't be repurchasing. However, if you have oily skin, it is very mattifying and might be worth giving it try.




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

~ Let's Connect ~

Search This Blog

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig